Simple, sumptuous and incredibly tasty, say hello to my Sticky Black Rice Pudding!
The other day my friend and I went our for bruch, I had a version of this black pudding and I just had to re create it at home.
It does take a little time to soak the rice then simmer on the stove, but it’s worth it!
What you need:
1 cup Black rice
2 c water
1 Tbs coconut sugar
1 c coconut milk
Pinch of salt
For the topping:
A few cubes of mango per person – (I used frozen)
A small handful of pistasios – crushed
What you do:
1. Soak the rice in a bowl of water for a couple of hours. Then drain the soaking water.
2. In a medium saucepan, mix water, rice and coconut milk
3. Set to low heat and simmer, stirring from time to time for 45 minutes or until the rice is tender (Add more water or coconut milk if needed)
4. Add the coconut sugar and salt and stir to combine
5. Serve into individual bowls
6. Warm the mango in a saucepan
7. Serve with warm mango and crushed pistashios and feel free to pour over some coconut milk too!
This quantity made enough for 4 good sized bowls for lunch. You could also have this as a snack with some fresh berries on top. ( About 2 Tbs of pudding per person for a snack)