I’ve got a new recipe for you this week which I think you’ll love.
It’s a deliciously spiced, nutty and moist carrot cake.
Here’s the recipe.
2 grated carrots
1/2 grated apple (leave the skin on)
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter (melted)
3 eggs, whisked
3 Tbs honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 cups almond meal
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cardamom
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Line a round cake tin
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Place the carrots, apple, coconut oil, eggs and honey in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and combine.
- Put the batter into the tin and bake for 40 minutes.
(I used cashew cream for the icing, because I already had some in the fridge, but it is also fab with a dollop of natural yogurt or just as it is.)
If you want more healthy recipes which taste amazing, our recipe book and healthy eating guide is available for $47
Click here to get your copy.