I remember the first day Caroline came to Pilates.
She was up early, after a sleepless night with baby James. She made her 5 yr old lunch, got her ready for school, fed James, drove to kindy, did the drop off with baby in and out of the car, came home, wizzed around the kitchen cleaning up after the whirlwind of the morning routine, fed James (again!), threw her hair into a ponytail and arrived at Pilates.
Argh. A big sigh out and she’s arrived. Just to get here is a big effort.
The first move I took her through was simply a deep breath and a roll down. ‘Let the shoulders go’, I encouraged her. After the first 5 minutes Caroline was already feeling so much lighter.
These are Caroline’s words after some of her sessions:
* Oh my goodness! I didn’t know how tight I was. I desperately needed that stretch!
* It feels so good to focus on myself and be looked after.
* I feel light and floaty.
* I’m feeling so much more aware of my posture when I’m feeding and rocking James.
* I didn’t know if I’d be able to do Pilates, but this is totally do-able!
* I feel more motivated to get out for a walk this week
After a couple of ‘in person’ sessions with Caroline, she joined the Pilates for Mums program.
It was ideal for her as she could continue at home when she had windows of time. If James was down for a sleep, or in the evening when her husband could watch the kids.
Knowing that she is able to do something for herself during busy days is so uplifting. You get this feeling of achievement after doing a class – It’s especially satisfying on the days when you feel like you’ve been chasing your tail!
Here is her story.