I made this Gingerbread slice with orange cashew cream icing over the weekend, and it filled the house with delightful aromas. Put on some music and get baking.
I bet you and your family will love it as much as we did.
Here's the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 125 g butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Mix the almond meal, coconut flour, sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, coconut oil or butter, vanilla and coconut milk in a bowl using your mix master.
- Gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Bake in a lined slice tray for 20 minutes. (180 degrees)
The orange cashew cream icing...
Soak 1 cup of cashews in water (Just enough water to cover the cashews) for a couple of hours.
Add 2 Tbs melted coconut oil, orange rind and a squeeze of orange juice, one date and a splash of coconut milk.
Blitz in the bullet blender until smooth.
I put mine in the fridge to thicken and then spread it on the slice when it is completely cool.